Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Possible Wuss?

9/11/07

Day four of Zen....

As previously mentioned, Minnesota is rather windy. One really hasn't ridden in Minnesota UNLESS YOU RIDE in the wind.

I was awakened on Tuesday with the howling sounds of wind coming through the roof vents and rattling of the windows. I looked out the bedroom windows and saw my beautiful Maple tree bent in half. Yup, another beautiful day in Minnesota.

I laid in the bed thinking to myself that there was NO way I was going to get Mountain Boy out for a ride today. How could I possibly manipulate him to ride in that wind?

I sat up and got myself out of bed. I walked to the kitchen and was startled to see him actually up first! There he stood in the kitchen, looking out the back window with another look of horror on his face. I went up next to him, both of us stood there blankly staring out the window in silence as we watched my trees leaning halfway over as the wind blew them not only sideways but in circles. Once again I was thinking how I was going to manipulate him to ride in this weather?

I decided to be kind. I told him we would take the day off. You should have seen the look on his face. His body relaxed, he took a huge sigh of relief.

We didn't ride that day we drove around where I would have taken him riding. We went to the mall. We did nothing. But we had fun no matter what.

Is he a Wuss? Na, he's my friend.

A friend that I decided to take it "easy on".

No comments: