Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The fruit of the Cow

Now I know most of you might be thinking through my perspective, "The fruit of the Cow" would be the wonderful creation, the Dairy Queen Blizzard. I must confess, that would be correct for most days but not today.

I am speaking of the original fruit, fruit once forbidden, a fruit otherwise known as Cheese.

Yes folks I am talking about Cheese tonight. How did this wonderful creation come about? Did someones mistake of leaving the milk out create a science project within the well? I am not sure nor do I care to investigate this matter. The reason I speak of this topic is due to it's beauty.

Not only does Cheese come in all shapes, sizes, textures, densities, and colors there is one very unique characteristic of Cheese, that would be it's aroma. Need I say more? If I do, you need to invest in more cheese. And that my friend is your own personal problem that I cannot help you with. Check out your your local grocery store and I am sure they would be more than willing to expand your horizons.

So here I sit eating my plain broccoli. Some might call that the fruit of little trees, but that would be another blog entry that I don't wish to discuss either. By the way, thank you very much for your understanding at my lack of enthusiasm of not wanting to talk about little trees.

Back on topic, broccoli or was it cheese? Hmmm now I have confused myself. If you have read any of my other blog entries I am sure you will easily excuse me for any lack of concentration on my behalf.

Yes it was cheese. I sit here eating plain little trees thinking that my mother always told me to eat them because they were good for me. Good and nasty at the same time. But they can be saved. Seriously folks I kid you not. The fruit of the Cow can save the little tree.

Being that the fruit of the Cow comes in all forms it does create a dilemma on which type of Cheese you choose to use for little tree saving. My choice was easy. The choice was given to me via Whirlpool and Kraft.

Sitting there eating the plain little trees, enlightenment came upon me. "Blue Eyes, open the big black box made by Whirlpool." said the little voice in my head. Of course there are other voices but at this moment I chose to listen to this voice, the voice of the Cow. I could hear it.....Mooooo........Moooooo.............Mooooooooo.

I opened up the door and there it was and nicely packaged in a Kraft easy zip plastic (I am sure designed by Cryovac). A beautiful mixture of Colby and Monterey Jack. Who was Colby and Monterey Jack? How did their names become the names of Cheeses? And what was their heritage, their mother's maiden name? Oh so many questions but best wait yet for another day.

I sprinkled the fruit of the Cow on my plain little trees and such a delight was born. A moment decided, marked in history, no more shall I eat plain little trees for they shall be covered by the fruit of the Cow.

Save the little trees from their depths of despair for they are lonely. Open your eyes to the fruit of the Cow and you will be free too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funniest thing I've read in months, Sis!

Maarburg said...

Blue Eyes!

Love it..
Colby, he was the dude on survivor. Not sure when they named a cheese after him. Probably has something to do with his hygiene issues.
Monterey Jack - he was a very short anemic cowboy. Most often sited as shooting the most knees in all of the west. AGain.. not sure about the cheese naming thing.